Friday, August 8, 2008

DCI Quarterfinals (96.075)

I went ahead and took care of posting tomorrows schedule. Hope you can read it well...

I thought today would never come... I can remember housing at Binford Elementary back during spring training and thinking how far away finals week seemed. Now we are finally here and we have our first show under our belt!

Scores from tonight didnt quite turn out how I hoped they would... But the caption awards are based on the average from the three nights scores, so anything can happen... Yet again, we scored the highest that the Carolina Crown organization has scored in its history... We can only get better from here.

I got to see my mom today! She drove all the way down here from Indy to bring me lunch! I had been craving a Buffalo Wild Wings honey barbecue chicken salad since we were back at Gardiner Webb and she brought it to me! It tasted as great as I remember it... It was so awesome to see my mom... She is such an amazing lady...

I am pretty mentally exausted from today... It wasnt very physically taxing, but it definitely was mentally strenuous. I think a lot of people felt timid and uncomfortable during our performance and they let it affect their show... I felt that the stadium was very boomy and almost sounded like a dome show... The turf was brand new and was very squishy... I think we will have a better show tomorrow. In reality, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain... We shall see how it goes!

Off to bed,
Later days,
Patrick

P.S. - 48 more hours left...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys rocked! I saw you on the big screen in Asheville, NC. I missed Nightbeat this year so finally seeing you guys was wonderful. You got a standing ovation from the theater and were everything and more than I'd heard you guys were.

Ronny W. said...

You guys are absolutely effing amazing! The heart you guys have! No longer will Crown be looked at as the "new kid on the block" or "the underdog." You guys are here to stay and I absolutely love it! Such an amazing organization, and an amazing show.

(Not to mention one of THE BEST brasslines in DCI at this point.)

Keep on keeping on!

~Ronny W.
Wilmington, DE

BodyByButter said...

Patrick, did you find out for sure when/where practice will be Saturday?

Anonymous said...

see you later today!!

sara