Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rubber Bowl Rehearsal Day Pt. 2 (Akron, OH)

Today we were in the Rubber Bowl again for our last full rehearsal day of the season. We worked on cleaning the back half of the show most of the day and we got a lot better. We wore our shakos during ensemble rehearsal tonight too... Overall the day was very long and very productive.

The whole Rubber Bowl experience was pretty good. The weather was cloudy and cool both days and it rained a little each day. The stadium was by a massive soapbox derby track and a blimp hangar. I am not sure what was in the hangar, but I heard rumors about the Goodyear blimp...

Tomorrow we are recording our end of season CD and having the age-out banquet. Even though it is the day before Quarterfinals, I feel like tomorrow will be much needed day of rest and will help begin to bring closure to a fantastic season of drum corps. We will be at both Binford Elementary School and Bloomington South High School tomorrow and through the remainder of the week. If you want to check out rehearsal, be sure to get directions to both places just in case we are not there.

Off to bed...
Later days,
Patrick

1 comment:

Sally Blanton said...

I'm so excited about the Finals this weekend but I am also sad to see the season end. It has been my morning ritual to check your blog and see what has been going on each day. I wish you guys the very best!! I know it will be a great show. Thanks for posting your summer activities for all to read and be able to feel the corp experiences. It makes me proud to be from the Carolinas and be represented by such a stellar group!!