Sunday, August 10, 2008

DCI World Championships (96.800 - 4th Place)

Well, I am speechless. Even though I knew in the back of my mind that things would turn out the way that they did, its such a hard reality to grasp that the season is finally over. Tonight's Carolina Crown was the best Carolina Crown that the world had ever seen. I personally had the best show of my life. As I played the last note in my show, it was all I could do to stay composed with all of the emotions that I was feeling. For the first time ever during a show, a tear of joy trickled down my face because I knew that I had been a part of something that people all over the world would remember forever.

Its kind of wierd being done with the season. After becoming so emotionally invested in my show and then laying it to rest after a fantastic year is a very rewarding but sad feeling. I will always cherish the friendships and memories that I gained from the 2008 Carolina Crown. Whether I am able to come back next year or not... Who knows? If you were to ask me right now, I would say that there would be no way that I wouldnt... Realistically, I will not know for a couple months what next summer has in store for me. I age out next year, so I only have 1 more opportunity to march finals again. I know in my heart that if I do not get the chance to march next year, I will regret it for the rest of my life... So who knows?

Thanks to everyone who has read my blog this summer. On finals day, I broke the 10K milestone for visitors to the blog... That is absolutely phenomenal! I never would have imagined when I started this back in May that it would gain so many readers... So thank you. Keeping up with this blog this summer has driven me to do my best in everything that I do and will be a wonderful tool for remembering what has most definitely become one of the greatest drum corps shows of all time.

Later days,
Patrick

P.S. - I will likey post less frequent updates about post tour life in the coming weeks... So feel free to contine to check things out around here!

Finis.

4 comments:

BodyByButter said...

Patrick, we were so proud last night. It was just amazing. I loved that the show wasn't as prop heavy as some of the others. There were a few of the shows where the gimmick was distracting from the music, and I really loved that with Crown the music and marching shined through.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on an unbelievable summer. You'll be sure to remember it for the rest of your life. To be sure Crown was the talk of DCI in '08and a Fan's Champion from show to show. Thank you for your effort, hard work and spirit this summer. I looked forward to reading the scores and your blogs this summer. You and Carolina Crown are winners.

Anonymous said...

Patrick, you left me awe-struck. Crown's show was breath-taking and I will hardly forget it. It was so great to see you rehearse! The show came together so well. I'm so proud of you and the corps! Congrats on a season well done. I hope to see you again soon!

Winter

Carl said...

Congratulations Patrick and all the members of Carolina Crown. As a staff member from the early '90's ('91, '92, '94) I am so proud to see that through the years Crown has held true to the idea that the music makes the show special. Crown is one of the few corps that writes a musical book challenging the horn players to play an entire musical phrase.