Thursday, July 3, 2008

Free Day! (Bristol, RI)

Today was a free day! We did not rehearse at all today... When we woke up, we got cleaned up and did laundry. We were supposed to go to the beach this afternoon, but we went to a mall in Mass. instead. Apparently there was a thunderstorm warning in the area they wanted to avoid... but we didnt get hit (Lucky for us). Otherwize it would be really humid tomorrow...

I think that we may finally be out of our cold weather part of tour. It seems like the past week or so of rehearsals have been rainy and cold. Yesterday when we were in NY, we felt some moderately warm temperatures and some humidity. I was really hoping that we would not get used to the cooler weather while we were in the midwest, but i think we may have... Our midwest tour is essentially over. We will dip further down South in the coming days.

Tomorrow should be a good day to get better... We have a show in Bristol and then we do parades on the 4th of July. Its not Cedarburg, WI, but im sure it will still be great fun!

Since we have finally crossed into the realm of July... this means that we are more than halfway done with the summer... I am estimating that we have been here 41 days and we have around 38 left. This is kind of a bittersweet feeling because in some senses I am ready for it to be over; but in most senses I dont ever want it to end. I really want our show to be successful this summer. In addition, I truly feel that the social connection that I feel here will last a lifetime and that is really exciting. I am trying to savor each day for what it is worth while remembering that each new day brings new surprises and new feelings. Days like today are great because they give you a taste of reality... but I am ready to go kick butt tomorrow during rehearsal and at the show!

Off to bed...
Later days,
Patrick

P.S. Anyone ever notice that I use ellipse often when I run my thoughts together...?

2 comments:

zapper said...

sorry... left the 's' off ellipses...

Patrick

Anonymous said...

hey cuz! how are you? looks like you're having fun. wish i could be in a drum corps, that would be awesome. just got home from seeing your dad in indy, he's doing well. i cant wait to see your show on the 25th!
talk to you later,
caitlyn