Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hattiesburg, MS (90.400)

BOX 5 Brass! We broke into box 5 tonight with an 18.2 in brass! We beat both Phantom and the Blue Devils too... We came in 2nd overall behind the Blue Devils and we beat Phantom by a half point. We had a much better show than last night even though our score dropped 0.050. It just goes to show that the numbers that a judge puts down on paper doesn't necessarialy dictate the actual quality of the show...

Our day wasnt too bad. It started out real hot, but by the end of the day we had lots of wind and clouds. We ended rehearsal early again because we got through everything both quickly and efficiently. The staff seemed real pleased with how we were rehearsing and we had a good run through. I can feel myself being less tired at the end of our show than I used to be. I must be getting in better shape...

Tomorrow we are going to be in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, TN. We will be there 2 days rehearsing in the -massive- stadium and we should get lots better! Im excited to get lots of stadium time...

Off to bed,
Later days,
Patrick

5 comments:

T2UDmom said...

Enjoyed today's picture! Congrats on the 18.2 in brass.

Trev's uncle played in the Liberty Bowl while at USAFA during the early 80's~he's now stationed in Afghanistan and watching from around the world.

Keep up the good work!

BodyByButter said...

Hey Patrick! I talked with Elaine's band director a couple of days ago and he said he had been watching CC the night before on Youtube and commented on what a great year you're having. He is a certified judge for DCI so he knows a lot about it. I talked with him about taking some of the band kids up there and today he had a sign up list and plans to bring a whole busload of kids up to Bloomington, so you'll have quite a cheering section!

Sally Blanton said...

I have been following the Crown since spring practice began at Gardnew Webb! You guys really are doing GREAT..I really have appreciated and enjoyed your daily reports. I wish you the very best in the next couple of weeks of competition!

dcosper said...

Patrick, we just found your blog and are enjoying your writing. It is especially relevant to us since we have a son who is a first year baritone with Crown. We are so excited for you guys. Go Crown!

Two Coffee Spills said...

Patrick,
I'll be at the ATL show on Saturday. I know y'all just had a free day, but let me know if you need anything as I am bringing Dan stuff too. Consider it payment for your blog!
-"Chefstress"