Thursday, June 19, 2008

Close Shave (3 Days)

Today was not very physically taxing... We worked on our ballad (Clair de Lune) most of the day and cleaned all our dance/body in that portion of the show. Even though it wasnt very strenuous, we got a lot done and the production is much better.

The coolest thing about today was that we had to wear our shakos (and plumes) and shoes (viper by dsi) during all of our rehearsal blocks. It was definitely different than wearing an aussie... but I am sure that I will become used to it very soon.

There was an article in a Bloomington newspaper about us that ran today. It got us lots of publicity and there were over a hundred people sitting in the stands watching our rehearsal! It was awesome to have a crowd to perform for... It can sometimesbe hard to tell which parts of the show the crowd will actually react to (as a member behind a horn...)

By the way, next time that you see me, I will be clean shaven! I cut off all of my facial hair today because we arent allowed to have facial hair in uniforms... I really wish I could have kept it, but rules are rules...

I dont know the official details for Friday... But I do know that we are having our dress rehearsal at Bloomington South High School on Friday... If you arrive at 7pm or so, you should be fine! We will be in full uniform and will be performing the entire show at the end of the night. Hope to see you there...

Off to bed...
Later days,
Patrick

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for opening ensemble up to the public! A troupe of kids sitting a row in front of me at the 50 yard line nearly jumped into my lap when you nailed that opening phrase. One kid actually looked stunned. Wide eyes. Gaping mouth. I suspect you put some serious awe into that boy.

All the best on your upcoming tour. I cannot wait to see the Crown again in August!

zapper said...

Thanks so much for coming! I am glad that you enjoyed it!

We will be there through tomorrow evening rehearsing before we leave for Rockford... maybe ill see you there!

Just wondering, how did you come across my blog?

Thanks!
Patrick

Jennifer said...

I think I searched 'Carolina Crown 2008 show' and found it that way. I'm one of those persistent librarian-creatures.

Alas, I won't be able to make another rehearsal but I'll be in the stands Sat, Aug 9th!