Saturday, June 28, 2008

Normal, IL (75.400)

I have been having phone troubles again... For some reason it wouldnt let me post my blog last night so I will be posting 2 tonight (hopefully).

Yesterday was the oh-so-glorious bando show in Normal at Illinois State. Ive done this show every year that ive marched and it was still as fun as the first time. There were hundreds of high school marching band kids there and it seemed like they clapped every time that we put our horns up!

We got off to a great start yesterday morning because the staff let us sleep in until 10:30... They had completely beat us down into the ground the previous few days so that we could learn our opener changes... So we woke up and then rehearsed 5 and a half hours in the rain. I got to see some friends from Purdue at rehearsal too!

After the show last night, we were supposed to play America the Beautiful with the Cavaliers, but apparently they had other plans because of the band clinic that was going on... Instead I got to see more friends from Purdue/Noblesville and I had a really good time. I also got some of Mrs. Jackson's famous chocolate chip cookies! I was extremely excited...

Well, Im off to get ready for my show in Madison at Camp Randall! Ill let you know how it goes...

Later days,
Patrick

No comments: