Sunday, June 8, 2008

Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Oven (14 Days)

There is no denying that today was ridiculously hot and humid. At one point I felt like I was physically standing in an oven! Brass block was the worst because I could feel my skin baking in the 100+ degree weather... Thank goodness for Bullfrog spf 36...

I had the opportunity to be fitted for my uniform last night... It was really cool! I took a few pictures, but I am not going to post them on here...

Looks like Memorial Stadium in Bloomington got flooded... Should be interesting to see how that will affect Crown in the next couple weeks when we are in Indiana.

Well, I am off to bed...
Later days,
Patrick

6 comments:

Stu said...

Just so you'll know, just south of Indy, down to Columbus and Bloomington, experienced record rain and flooding - up to 11" in some spots. Could it be that DCI will be held in the University of Carmel's stadium?
Or Purdue for that matter. "Boiler up"

Teresa said...

Hey Patrick:

I love your website and keeping up with what you're doing! I know the heat can't make those long hours of practicing difficult. Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Take care and stay cool!

Teresa

Teresa said...

Ooooops..... meant "can" make those long days difficult!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, maybe it should be at Purdue like it should've been all along. I'm pretty sure our campus is much more suitable for drumcorps, despite the musical connections or school of music...or even the fact that most people in the musical world have probably never heard of Purdue. Our stadium is REALLY nice though...

zapper said...

I would pretty much be estatic if finals were at Purdue! Only if Crown got Lafayette Jefferson High School though! Its defnitely closer to Michigan City than IU is...

Off to ensemble...
Patrick

Unknown said...

So much better, Patrick! :D

I can't even say how amazing it would be if finals were held at Purdue...and of course it would be nice if y'all could rehearse at Jeff. (And when I say nice, I think you know what I really mean.)

Anyway, glad you're doing well!
Kyleigh