Friday, June 6, 2008

Gimme A Break (15 Days)

Today the staff decided that we had been busting our butts for 14 days straight and that we needed a break, so they gave us the afternon block of rehearsal (1-7pm) off! I took the time to relax and get caught up on my drill responsibilities... It was time well spent in the Air Conditioning!

There is some kind of drum major and percussion clinic going on right now too... So there are bunches of little kids running around everywhere...

A couple other things... I got wind that there may be a dress rehearsal performance on the day that the OnQ performance was suposed to be on in Indiana somewhere... but that is TBA, so dont quote me on it (yet).

Also, check out CrownMinute if you get the oportunity... They are posting videos of us performing and rehearsing periodically and some of the are pretty cool! I think you have to subscribe to the DCI fan network to see most of the good ones... But there may be a couple free ones on there too... You can find out more info on http://www.carolinacrown.org.

Off to evening ensemble...
Later days,
Patrick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heyy sorry i missed your call today... i was actually down on the beach haha..

hope to catch you next time!

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick man, just read all your posts and will hopefully get around to regularly checking this out. I've been in China see...

I can't wait for this year's Crown brass, it's going to be incredible. I would not doubt it if Crown beats Phantom on the first day. Don't know about beating Cavies though...

Heck, and I didn't even mention the Colts, Blue Stars, or Scouts...who knows, that early in the season, anything can happen! Maybe not the Scouts...:( j/k j/k! It's fon to due.


--Alex